The 147th Ventura County Fair gets underway at high noon on Aug. 3 at the Ventura County Fairgrounds and Event Center.
Fairgoers will again relish the variety of things to see and do — after a two-year pandemic postponement — including traditional fair fare of art, home and livestock exhibits, midway carnival and games, entertainments and savory and sweet food specialties, daily through Aug. 14.
This year’s exhibit departments include agriculture, amateur and professional art, floriculture, gems and minerals, hobbies and collections, home arts, horse shows, large and small livestock, photography and a youth expo.
Entertainment includes dance, magic and musical acts from entertainers located in Ventura County, a lineup of eight Grandstand performers and the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association Rodeo. All entertainments are free with fair admission.
- Martina McBride, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 3
- KC and the Sunshine Band, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 4
- The All-American Rejects, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 5
- Blue Öyster Cult, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6
- La Arrolladora Banda Limon, Los Parras and Jesus Ojeda, 3 p.m. Aug. 7
- The Beach Boys, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 8
- Clay Walker, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 9
- Cheap Trick, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 10
- PRCA Rodeo: 7 p.m. Aug. 12, 2 and 7 p.m. Aug. 13-14
Also, check out the fair’s special admission days: Donate five cans of food for the “Feed the Need” food drive on Aug. 4 and receive a free return ticket to the fair (good for Aug. 8-11; donations go to FOOD Share, foodshare.com); Kids Day, Aug. 5, children ages 11 and younger get in free; and Military Appreciation Day, Aug. 11, is free for military personnel holding a current, valid military ID. Check the website for details on these and other days.
Currently, no proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required, but the fair recommends that the public be vaccinated or obtain a negative test prior to entry. Masks are optional but the fair also encourages people to put one on in crowded or indoor areas.
If you go:
- Admission: $15 ages 13-64; $10 ages 65-99 and ages 6-12; free for ages 100 and up (with proper ID) and for ages 5 and younger. Carnival wristbands are an extra fee. venturacountyfair.org/fair/admission-hours/
- Hours: Opening noon Aug. 3; 1 p.m. Aug. 4-5; noon Aug. 6-7; 1 p.m. Aug. 8-11; noon Aug. 13-14. The exhibit buildings close at 10 p.m. (11 p.m. Friday-Saturday). The main midway closes between 11 p.m. and midnight.
- Parking: There is limited on-site parking ($20). Shuttle service is available from five locations, government center, Pacific View Mall, Ventura Community Park, Ventura High School and San Buenaventura State Beach ($10 parking fee for this location). Details and a map for shuttle service: venturacountyfair.org/fair/free-shuttles-transportation/