The man suspected of being behind a bomb in the US city of Nashville is believed to have died in the explosion, federal authorities have said.

The Christmas morning blast came from a motorhome which had broadcast a warning that it was going to detonate within 15 minutes, sending people fleeing for their lives.

Three victims were taken to hospital, although it is believed their injuries were not serious, and dozens of nearby buildings were damaged.

Authorities said on Sunday that DNA samples recovered from the scene matched those of Anthony Quinn Warner, 63.

Warner’s home in nearby Antioch was searched by federal agents on Saturday.

Donald Cochran, US attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee, said: “We’ve come to the conclusion that an individual named Anthony Warner is the bomber and he was present when the bomb went off and that he perished in the bombing.”

Warner’s motive is still unclear and officials have said it is too early for this to be discussed publicly.

More from Tennessee

The owner of Fridrich & Clark Realty, Steve Fridrich, told the Tennessean newspaper that for four or five years Warner had come into the office roughly once a month to provide computer consulting services.

Earlier in December, however, he had quit by email without giving a reason.

Mr Fridrich said: “He seemed very personable to us – this is quite out of character, I think.”

US News

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Nursing union leader calls on Sunak to intervene ahead of biggest NHS walkout in history
Netflix says new password sharing rules were posted by accident
Shop prices yet to hit their peak – despite record highs seen in January
OnePlus 11 5G Price in India Tipped Again, Could Go on Sale Starting February 14
Parker McCollum Defends Morgan Wallen Over Tweet Slamming Morgan’s New Music: “People Talk Sh*t On Everything In This World”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *